[csw-users] evince odesn't start when called by firefox

Aaron Wilson aaron at ernieball.com
Thu Oct 8 16:59:44 CEST 2009

Actually I kind of have seen this.

Years ago I created a shell script with the help of someone from this
list so my users could open up pdf's in the native Solaris version of
Evolution
I would get an error if I tried to open a pdf in evolution with
/opt/csw/bin/evince

So we created a script that I put at /opt/csw/bin/evince.sh

The contents of that scritpt:

#!/bin/sh
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec /opt/csw/bin/evince "$@"

I've had that set as the default pdf handler in both Evolution and
Firefox for years now.

Recently I did update to Firefox 3.53 from
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.5.3/contrib/

Since upgrading my old evince.sh handler stopped working, so I tried
just setting Firefox to use evince and now I can open pdfs again with
Firefox.

Maybe you'd have luck with that evince.sh script?

--
Aaron