[csw-users] [csw-members] Compiler used?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 1 09:26:30 CEST 2009

Hi George,

(transferring the thread from members@ to users@)

Am 31.08.2009 um 21:04 schrieb Wyche, George PW:
> Pardon my ignorance, but I cannot find a description of the compiler
> (s)
> used at the build farm(s).

The following software is installed:

   Software      | Path                  | login |  b8s |  b9s | b10s
|  b8x |  b9x | b10x
   --------------+-----------------------+-------+------+------+------
+------+------+------
   Sun Studio 11 | /opt/studio/SOS11     |  No   | Yes  | Yes  | Yes
| Yes  | Yes  | Yes
   Sun Studio 12 | /opt/studio/SOS12     |  No   |  No  | Yes  | Yes
|  No  | Yes  | Yes
   GCCFSS 4.2.0  | /opt/SUNWgccfss/4.2.0 |  No   | Yes  | Yes  | Yes
|  No  |  No  |  No
   GCCFSS 4.2.1  | /opt/SUNWgccfss/4.2.1 |  No   | Yes  | Yes  | Yes
|  No  |  No  |  No

> Beyond jus being told outright, where might I find that information in
> the opencsw.org web pages?

It is not on the webpages, but only on /etc/SETUP on the farm.

> Why do I need to know?
> I am under the impression that if I want to extend Python, then I must
> create a dynamic library and that it must be built with the same
> compiler as Python was compiled with. I use gcc and gfortran.

Aha! For gcc we just use our own OpenCSW GCC compilers, which are not
relocatable.
They are installed at
   /opt/csw/gcc3/bin/gcc
   /opt/csw/gcc4/bin/gcc