[csw-users] Compilers used?

Wyche, George PW George.Wyche at pw.utc.com
Wed Sep 2 23:40:57 CEST 2009

@Dagobert Michelsen

That is very specific. Thank you.

-------------------------------------
What is the difference between "member" and "user"?
-------------------------------------
Below, you say:
  "Aha! For gcc we just use our own OpenCSW GCC compilers, which are not
relocatable."
I'm sorry, but 2 things, then, I don't understand:
1) What do you mean "not relocatable"?
2) What, if anything, involves "our own ... compilers"? What good does
this do for me?
-----------------------------------
If I wish to extend Python and wish to use the 5.8 sparc version OpenCSW
package for Python, then it would seem that I have to have Sun Studio 11
for myself. My SunBlade100 with 5.8 is configured with too few resources
for Studio 11.

Are any of us OpenCSW users privy to the exact procedures involved in
all packages made? If I knew it I would duplicate the Python making
process using my gcc.
------------------------------------

I am a Solaris user, but Pratt Whitney's connection to the internet is
strictly through controlled Windows boxes with which I am unfamiliar. I
tried to post from
http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.os.solaris.opencsw.user&follo
wup=581 but was denied because there was a [x] where some picture is
supposed to be, thus was unable to "Enter the word above:"

So what is the protocol to do a followup given the above situation? Is
filling in Subject sufficient? Does citing the original posters name in
the first line make it become sufficient? Must I include all of the
original posters text to make it sufficient?

Respectfully yours,
George Wyche