[csw-users] gfortran

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 5 12:07:54 CEST 2009

On 05/09/09, 01:01:29, George Wyche <gwyche at io.com> wrote regarding
[csw-users] gfortran:

> At work I am using opencsw gfortran on OS5.8, but
> here at home on Solaris 10 I upgraded everything to "current". Lots of
> stuff works OK and though FireFox3.0.16 is difficult I am able to do
> everything I was ever able to do, so the upgrade generally works.

> I want gfortran to work and it does not.

> What I get for a test2.f which only "      END" in it is:

> /opt/csw/gcc4/bin/gfortran -R/opt/csw/gcc4/lib test2.f
> ld: fatal: file crt1.o: open failed: No such file or directory

I've done a test on Solaris 8 and 10, Sparc and i386.  All 4 succeeded.

$ cat test.f
      WRITE (6,*) 'Hello'
      END
$ /opt/csw/gcc4/bin/gfortran -R/opt/csw/gcc4/lib test.f
$ ./a.out
 Hello

Do a check of the installed gcc packages, start with:

$ pkginfo | nawk '/CSWgcc4/{print $2}' | while read package
do
	pkgparam ${package} PKGINST VERSION
done

CSWgcc4core