[csw-users] missing PERL module

Gerard Henry ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Sep 22 18:45:38 CEST 2009

Glen Gunselman wrote:
> The URL - http://www.opencsw.org/pkg-get does not explain how to install
> gpg.
>

> which gpg does not find a gpg and neither does find / -name gpg.
>

> There is a package gpgme but gpg is not among the included files -
> http://www.opencsw.org/search/gpgme
> So I don't know how to do your first recommendation, will try the second.
>
> I uncommented the following line in /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf
>
> use_gpg=false
> Now /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -u perl returns no output.

did you do a "pkg-get -U"? perhaps the repository you're using isn't
updated, so try to change it.
If you do:
pkg-get -c |grep perl
is it ok? is it the latest version?
to install gpg, install CSWgnupg and perhaps CSWtextutils (and others?)

for me, since i discovered pkgutil, i do not use pkg-get any more.

hth,

gerard