[csw-users] xmms + esound : is anyone using?

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 9 16:20:54 CET 2010

I'm trying to run xmms on a remote machine with local display and use
esound back to the local machine for audio.  The same happens with
esdplay so the problem is with esd not xmms but it's xmms I want
working.

I have esd running on a my local machine:
$ esd -public -tcp -port 16001

Sound comes from the speakers but the quality is unusable.  It pops and
skips.

Is anyone using esd?  How?

NAS works with good quality, (such that I can't tell it's remote), but
not with (csw) xmms.  The network is not saturated.

Or if someone can think of a better way of doing remote sound with any
music player, please say.

James.