[csw-users] Is ln -s gpg2 gpg ok for pkg-get purposes?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 12 10:57:03 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Wyche, George             PW
<George.Wyche at pw.utc.com> wrote:
> Is ln -s gpg2 gpg ok for pkg-get purposes?
>
> Or should I go back and download the earlier gpg version package and
> install that?

For pkg-get/pkgutil purposes I think it's okay; in the worst case you
might have trouble verifying signatures made with gpg 1.x.  There's
also an alternatives system in the making, so at some point you'll
have a command line utility to choose between gpg implementations.

Out of curiosity, do you have a reason to use gpg2?  Is it gpg-agent?

Maciej