[csw-users] Migrating monitoring services from Linux - Munin server missing some files??

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Sun Jan 24 18:46:49 CET 2010

Hi guys!

I am going to be migrating some of my x86 Linux machines over to SPARC
machines running OpenSolaris snv111b which is current stable build.

Most of what I am going to do is easy, however for things like Cacti and
Munin I am having difficulty.

To start with I have attempted to compile these services from scratch
only not being able to program very well I have had major difficulties.
I got as far as compiling net-snmp but failed to get rrd-tools working.

I figured that instead I would look at using OpenCSW packages instead,
although no Cacti but at least once the base is installed I should be
able to get it running on top!

For the most part everything looks ok apart from Munin master or server,
which currently is missing the index.html and other associated files in:

/var/opt/csw/munin/www

I only have these files:

cgi which is a dir, and favicon.ico that's it

If I compare this to my current Linux install I have:

drwxr-xr-x 2 munin munin  4096 Sep 14 04:40 cgi
-rw-r--r-- 1 munin munin  2555 Sep 14 04:45 definitions.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 munin munin  5345 Jan 24 19:40 index.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 munin munin   473 Sep 14 04:45 logo.png
drwxr-xr-x 2 munin munin 57344 Sep 14 21:35 optiplex-networks.com
-rw-r--r-- 1 munin munin  3538 Sep 14 04:45 style.css

Are these files missing from Munin?? Since I have searched high and dry
for them! Or are they simply in some obscure location which I haven't
figured out yet?? :-)

I know I can just pull them over but I thought it would be better to
have clean ones so that the install can go properly.

Can anyone help me out???

Many thanks,

Kaya