[csw-users] Migrating monitoring services from Linux - Munin server missing some files??

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Mon Jan 25 00:09:23 CET 2010

Thanks for the response Juergen!

> index.html and definitions.html should be created automatically after your configured hosts are checked for the first time. About the other files I'm not sure at the moment.
>
> Currently I'm moving into another city. I will take a look for these files - and correct this - as soon as I get a broadband speed internet connection, which should be in the next few days. I will upgrade then to 1.4.3 too.
>
> Thank you for your feedback!
>
> Juergen

So far I have the base config as I'm using the system in a VM on my
notebook to test as I will be using them on a SPARC system soon.
Munin-node was up and running; since I only have the local host defined
the system *should* scan itself as when cross-comparing the config from
my current setup which resides on a Linux Box - they are exactly the
same for the internal machine.

Ok a few little notes now as I'm just cross-comparing further as typing
this:

Munin-check response:

# /opt/csw/bin/munin-check
Check /var/opt/csw/munin/www
Check miscelaneous
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db : Wrong permissions (755 != 744)
stat: cannot stat `/var/opt/csw/munin/db/datafile': No such file or
directory
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/datafile : Wrong owner ( != munin)
stat: cannot stat `/var/opt/csw/munin/db/datafile': No such file or
directory
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/datafile : Wrong permissions ( != 644)
stat: cannot stat `/var/opt/csw/munin/db/limits': No such file or directory
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/limits : Wrong owner ( != munin)
stat: cannot stat `/var/opt/csw/munin/db/limits': No such file or directory
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/limits : Wrong permissions ( != 644)
stat: cannot stat `/var/opt/csw/munin/db/*.stats': No such file or directory
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/*.stats : Wrong owner ( != munin)
stat: cannot stat `/var/opt/csw/munin/db/*.stats': No such file or directory
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/*.stats : Wrong permissions ( != 644)
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/plugin-state : Wrong owner (munin != nobody)
# /var/opt/csw/munin/db/plugin-state : Wrong permissions (755 != 775)
Check done.  Please note that this script only checks most things,
not all things.

Please also note that this script is very new and may be buggy.

I also created a cron job which I inserted into /etc/cron.d as there
wasn't any pre-installed:

*/5 * * * *     munin test -x /usr/bin/munin-cron && /usr/bin/munin-cron
 > /dev/null 2>&1

This was directly copied from Linux so I changed the file locations to
/opt/csw/bin/munin-cron!

There currently is a PID of munin-node running so that's a good sign:

# ls /var/opt/csw/munin/run
munin-node.pid

This is all I could evaluate at the present moment!!

I will wait a bit and see if the index.html file does actually appear;
if not I'll compare the munin-check output with my working version on
Linux and see what happens there....

Regards,

Kaya