[csw-users] md5

Wyche, George PW George.Wyche at pw.utc.com
Wed Jan 27 23:51:53 CET 2010

Well, it seems more confusing. I did my link. Checked with "which md5", but the very next package said it wouldn't be using md5, even though I made sure the /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf had #use-md5=false.

I was moved to look inside pkg-get itself. Behold, there is a line ( elif whence gmd5sum ...) which seems to say that md5 is not necessary at all if CSWtextutils is installed, because gmd5sum will be "wrapped" to serve.

That is not happening. I'll work on figuring out what is wrong... tomorrow, or .. sometime.

I think we should add a note to new users somewhere that CSWtextutils' gmd5sum will be wrapped to serve as md5 for pkg-get's purposes. Simple minds like mine take what is said too literally and I struggled to find exactly md5.

gwyche