[csw-users] Migrating monitoring services from Linux - Munin server missing some files??

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Thu Jan 28 17:44:54 CET 2010

Many thanks Juergen.....

Since I messed up the cronjob but using a Linux based syntax the system
is now fine with the line mentioned below!!!! :-)

On 01/28/10 00:24, Juergen Arndt wrote:
> 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /bin/test -x
> /opt/csw/bin/munin-cron && /opt/csw/bin/munin-cron

This is cool! So now at least when my Sun V480 server arrives I can use
OpenSolaris to monitor my network instead of FreeBSD as I prefer zones
to BSD Jails any day!

The optiplex-networks.com file that was in the last post I sent was a
collection of machines not a single host. Since I am monitoring round
about 9 servers there is machine specific information in there for the 9.

I think where I went wrong with this is the cron job as mentioned above
since I have set this up multiple times on Linux all with the same cron
job and everything of course just worked fine. Since I am still new to
Solaris/OpenSolaris as it's really been less then a year of me using it
in both normal and administrative capacity I am still adjusting.....

Many thanks for the support I will send the working image to you
personally.

Now all I need to do is get Cacti up and running :-)

Best Regards,

Kaya