[csw-users] welcome questions to pkg-get

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski blizinski at google.com
Mon Jul 12 13:13:41 CEST 2010

No dia 12 de Julho de 2010 11:52, Guillaume Jaquet
<guillaume.jaquet at gmail.com> escreveu:
> We utlise PKG-GET and we're happy, we would like to know how the PKG-GET is
> to find all the dependency of a package?

I'm not sure if you can do that with pkg-get.  There's also pkgutil,
which also downloads and installs packages, but has additional
functionality.  You could use the --nomod option.  It'll tell you
which packages pkgutil would download.  That would be a partial list
of dependencies -- this would only list the dependencies that aren't
already installed.

There's also the --stream option that can build a package stream (that
is, a .pkg file) which contains your designated package together with
all its dependencies.  You could use this function to build the .pkg
file and then examine its contents.

Maciej