[csw-users] experimental new gimp

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Jun 12 23:42:55 CEST 2010

FYI: for those people who would like to be a bit adventurous, and help
validate our new X foundational libs... there is now a temporary build of
gimp 2.6.8 available in our "experimental" area.  It's called "gimp_gtk",
because it is a gtk-only (no GNOME) build.

This experimental gimp is rather important, because it validates the new
set of gtk libs also sitting in that same area, that are waiting for more
people to say, "hey yes, this works great" before being released into our
official tree.

Since this is a "quickie" build of gimp, it will probably conflict with
any earlier version you may have installed; you'll want to eventually
remove it in the future.
However, the dependancies it pulls in (new pango, cairo, gtk, ....) are
official packages that you may well want to keep and see how they do for
you.

You should be able to get gimp_gtk with your choice of

pkg-get -U -s http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/experimental/x11-reloaded \
  -u gimp_gtk

or

pkgutil -t http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/experimental/x11-reloaded -i \
   gimp_gtk

Please let me know how they work for you.