[csw-users] error updating CSWqawk

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 24 00:43:37 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Glen Gunselman's message of Wed Jun 23 18:28:44 -0400 2010:

Hi Glen,

> /opt/csw/gnu/awk <symbolic link>
> pkgadd: ERROR: unable to create package object </opt/csw/gnu/awk>.
>     pathname does not exist
>     unable to create symbolic link to <../bin/gawk>

It looks as though the 'gnulink' is being delivered before the actual
binary being linked to.  This is a packaging bug.  Please file one
against the package in our mantis database.

As for your other question, you should be ok to just continue with the
orca stuff as this bug is minor and will only affect things that
depend on having /opt/csw/gnu/awk work as gawk (eg: we work around
things that use GNU specific awk options by putting this at the head
of the PATH in some cases).

HTH.
-Ben
--