[csw-users] error updating CSWqawk

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 24 02:09:40 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Mike Gerdts's message of Wed Jun 23 19:45:19 -0400 2010:

Hi Mike,

> > It looks as though the 'gnulink' is being delivered before the actual
> > binary being linked to.  This is a packaging bug.  Please file one
> > against the package in our mantis database.
>
> You should be able to create symbolic links to things that don't
> exist.  This looks to me like the directory /opt/csw/gnu does not
> exist (or /opt/csw/gnu exists as a file or dangling symlink).

This is true.  I was thinking that pkgadd wouldn't process/create a
dangling symlink, but I think you're right.  CSWgawk does not provide
/opt/csw/gnu in the prototype, so if none of CSWgnulinks or other
packages providing 'gnulinks' is installed previously, this bug would
be triggered.

We're transitioning from a single package (CSWgnulinks) providing all
of the symlinks in /opt/csw/gnu to each package with g* tools
providing their own.  We'll need to ensure that each package
delivering such links also provides the directory /opt/csw/gnu.

Thanks!
-Ben
--
Ben Walton