[csw-users] [csw-pkgrequests] package request

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 1 23:14:19 CET 2010

Dagobert Michelsen wrote on 01.03.2010 23:00:
> Am 01.03.2010 um 22:51 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
>> Dagobert Michelsen wrote on 01.03.2010 22:37:
>>> You are aware that there is a specific mode --stream in pkgutil which
>>> downloads all the dependencies you need and make a pkgstream out of
>>> it?
>> Dago, do we already have a Wiki page on how to set up a local
>> repository, possibly one without direct internet connection? If not
>> I am
>> gonna create one, especially since "pkgutil --stream" plus your script
>> to build the experimental catalogs can make life a lot easier in
>> such a
>> situation.
>
> Not that I know of. This
>    <http://pkgutil.wikidot.com/use-with-examples>
> would IMHO be a good place (or even make a new toplevel item for it).

Yup, looks like a good location indeed (we might think about linking it
somewhere from the CSW wiki though, or is it possible to integrate other
wikidot pages into the search results?).

Peter, what do you think adding a short paragraph on how to build a
local offline repository (containing a subset of CSW packages) with
pkgutil and cswcatalog [1]?

* magically transport pkgs to offline site
* cswcatalog --pkgdir <dir_with_pkgs> --repodir <basedir_for_repo>

Regarding --stream, my usual use case for --stream would be a single
offline host installation, not quite sure whether it makes sense when
building an offline repository which is to be used for multiple hosts.

Sebastian

[1]https://opencsw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opencsw/buildfarm/bin/cswcatalog