[csw-users] evince seg fault

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 26 17:04:40 CET 2010

On 2010-03-26 14:03, Gerard Henry wrote:
> evince comes from CSWevince, 2.22.2
>
> A ldd on evince shows these strange messages:
> libXext.so.0 (SUNW_1.1) => (version not found)
> libz.so.1 (SUNW_1.1) => (version not found)

This means that something in the chain was linked to Sun's version
of libXext.so.0 and libz.so.1

> On another server where i haven't upgraded any package, evince 2.22.2 is
> working (so my guess is thqt the problem is related to any lib), and it
> uses:
> /opt/csw/X11/lib/libXext.so.0.0.0
> /opt/csw/lib/libz.so.1.2.3
>
> Unfortunately, CSWlibz is now 1.2.4, is it sufficient to crash evince?

It could be, I've been searching the net and it seems that some dists
(Macports for instance) have had some problems with zlib 1.2.4, but the
developers of zlib argues that the problem lies with the software
calling zlib and that they should be altered, not zlib.
But that has usually also been related to build errors not only runtime
errors.

A recompile of the programs have in many cases solved the problem.
Maybe Maciej can rebuild and put in /testing so you can check if it
solves the problem.