[csw-users] symbol Perl_Gthr_key_ptr: referenced symbol not found after forced Perl downgrade

Wim Van Dijck wim.vandijck at sun.com
Wed May 12 12:47:26 CEST 2010

Hi all,

We recently noticed that after an update of our CSW packages, there's a
bug that prevents Nagios from working with the perl 5.10 package.
So I changed the repositary from current to stable, and downgraded perl
to 5.8

Nagios is working again, but now I'm having problems with perl modules.
I understand that the modules obviously must be the same version as the
perl package, so I removed them and reinstalled them.
But I keep seeing this error in apache:
ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/csw/lib/perl/csw/auto/GD/GD.so: symbol Perl_Gthr_key_ptr:
referenced symbol not found
GD.so is part of the CSWpmgd package. I've reinstalled it already (as
well as CSWgd and CSWpmgdgraph), and am not sure which way to go now...

Any hints?
Many thanks,
Kind regards,

--