[csw-users] symbol Perl_Gthr_key_ptr: referenced symbol not found after forced Perl downgrade

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed May 12 16:30:05 CEST 2010

Hi Wim,

Am 12.05.2010 um 15:44 schrieb Wim Van Dijck:
> Very interesting!
>
> This is the output I'm getting, I'm afraid this doesn't really point
> me to any other packages that could be the culprit though...:

The previous GD.so did not pull in libperl.so automatically, that's
why most certainly
the symbols are missing. Use the dump -Lv on GD.so and see if it is
missing. If yes,
the missing symbols are no harm since libperl.so is usually already
loaded. For your
perl -V make sure to call the right /opt/csw/bin/perl, not /usr/bin/
perl ;-)

I am afraid that the solution is not that easy to find. Personally, I
would like to
ask you to go forward so we can resolve current issues instead of
debugging old
mixtures of packages.