[csw-users] orca and aggr "not in catalog"

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 4 21:32:13 CEST 2010

Hi Glen,

Am 03.09.2010 um 17:29 schrieb Glen Gunselman:
> > I'm looking at updating CSWorca-web (as before I'm just
> hoping ...) but
> > pkgutil is showing CSWorca-web, CSWpmrdd, CSWrenderdev and
> CSWrrdrt are no
> > longer in the catalog:

Some of these packages have never been released, but were available in
experimental. This is at least true for CSWorca-web and CSWpmrrd/
CSWrrdrt.
When I first redid RRD with the fix for the broken display I also
tried to split it
into multiple packages for cleanlyness and put it into experimental
where it
still is:
   http://mirror.opencsw.org/experimental.html#rrdtool
Unfortunately this split was more difficult due to dependencies than I
had
envisioned,so I had to redo the package in the "old" one-package form
and that was released to current/. You can safely remove these packages
and reinstall the ones from the current/ catalog.

Please be advised to be extra careful when using experimental packages
on a system on current/ as effects like the ones you saw can - and
will -
happen, as that is the reason why the packages effectively are in
experimental
instead of current.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience

   -- Dago

PS: I hope to have some time next week to investigate your problem with
SE Toolkit, Orca and aggregate interfaces.