[csw-users] Disable sudo logfile

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 12 11:45:35 CEST 2011

2011/4/10 Mohamed Lrhazi <lrhazi at gmail.com>:
> How do I force sudo to not use a logfile, and use syslog only?
>
> It seems to default to:  /var/opt/csw/log/sudo/sudolog
>
> The man page says to negate "logfile", in the sudoers config file, but
> cannot figure out how to do that.
> the man page also says that by default sudo does not use a file, but
> apparently in csw, it does.
>
> My current workaround is to put this in sudoers:
>

> Defaults syslog=auth
> Defaults logfile=/dev/null

The build description for sudo passes an explicit option to set the
logging path.  Perhaps it has the side effect that it starts ignoring
the configuration file.  It sounds like a problem that should be
addressed upstream.

Reading sudo website, it looks like version 1.8.x has made changes to
logging, so perhaps the issue is not present any more in new versions.
 I've looked into upgrading sudo, but there are some issues with it.
I'll keep you posted if I have an update for it.

Maciej

[1] http://www.gratisoft.us/sudo/