[csw-users] GCC4 ld Warnings

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 12 21:19:47 CEST 2011

2011/4/12 Kapoor, Nitin <Nitin.Kapoor at sensis.com>:
> Do you know where it would come from ("/opt/csw/gcc4/lib/libstdc++.so") ? The only place where I have to pass the /opt/csw/gcc4/lib is when I configure a package.

Two ideas about the libstdc++.so reference:

- it's volunteered by the build system
- it comes from a *-config command of one of the dependencies

The *-config commands can return ldflags which are later used in the
build process.  For example:

$ libpng-config --ldflags
-L/opt/csw/lib -lpng12

Try looking at the config.log file of your build, maybe it'll contain
some hints.  If not, look at all the dependencies, locate their
*-config scripts and see if they return libstdc++.so if you call them
with e.g. --libs or --ldflags.

Maciej