[csw-users] puppet package does not get SMF manifest imported in non-global zone

Matt Willsher matt at monki.org.uk
Sun Aug 21 00:43:57 CEST 2011

On 20 August 2011 11:44, Matt Willsher <matt at monki.org.uk> wrote:

> I've been trying to get CSWpuppet running in a non-global zone.

> The perhaps slightly unusual thing about this installation is that I'm using JET to install the various CSW packages, in the order shows by pkgutil -s.

Since posting this earlier today I've reached a point at which things
are usable. To wit, using JET a global zone is provisioned, OpenCSW
components plus puppet installed and non-global sparse root zones
created.  In case it aids someone else, in the JET template for the
global zone, CSWcommand and the CSWcas-* pkgs are in
custom_packages_1, the rest in custom_packages_n. Putting them all in
_1 or _n causing problems either with the class utils not working in
all zones or in the first provisioned zone. Splitting them in this way
solves those problems. It possible there is a more optimal way of
arranging them but this has worked for me so far when other orders
have failed in one way or another.

I modified jetzone to add an inherit-pkg-dir option so /opt/csw can be
included (just copying the inherit rm bits and changing their values
and what zonecfg is creates).

custom_scripts_n in the zone template calls a script containing:

#!/usr/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/svccfg import /var/opt/csw/svc/manifest/network/cswpuppetd.xml
/usr/sbin/svcadm enable svc:/network/cswpuppetd

The aim of the exercise was to get just enough for puppet to kick off
and do its stuff, which this so far appears to have achieved.