[csw-users] Now a Problem Using FireFox

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 30 01:06:56 CEST 2011

2011/8/29 Fred Strickland <fredstrickland at hotmail.com>:
> I have been working with Peter Bonivart to get my Sun Blade 150 (running
> Solaris 10) configured so it would run pkgutil and install packages.  That
> major problem has been solved.  The first program that I decided to install
> was FireFox.  The install went through to the point I received "Installation
> of <CSWfirefox> was successful." message.  You can see below what happens
> when I try to execute FireFox.  Peter suggested that I pose my question to
> this list.
>
> I hope you guys can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Hi Fred,

It is possible that you're doing nothing wrong, but there are library
compatibility issues.  We've recently looked at refreshing the gtk
libraries, but it doesn't look like an easy job.  If you want to debug
the issue, you could run firefox via truss to see where does the
segfault happen.

Maciej