[csw-users] Now a Problem Using FireFox

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 30 18:27:12 CEST 2011

Hi Fred,

* Fred Strickland <fredstrickland at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have been working with Peter Bonivart to get my Sun Blade 150 (running
> Solaris 10) configured so it would run pkgutil and install packages.  That
> major problem has been solved.  The first program that I decided to
> install was FireFox.  The install went through to the point I received
> "Installation of <CSWfirefox> was successful." message.  You can see below
> what happens when I try to execute FireFox.  Peter suggested that I pose
> my question to this list.
>
> I hope you guys can tell me what I am doing wrong.

while there's definitly some value in tracking down your problems, let
me throw in another option. Are you aware of the Firefox contributed
builds (e.g. [1])? We use them internally at our company, although
almost all of the other applications that we use stem from the OpenCSW
stack.

Firefox is a beast of a software and with the contributed build we
simply extract the most recent tarball (usually not much behind the
official release) in a shared NFS dir - an approach which has worked
very fine for us so far.

Sebastian

[1] http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.6.20/contrib/solaris_tarball/