[csw-users] Outdated packages e.g. GCC 4.3 instead of 4.6 - reason? ; Suggestion new packages?

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 31 15:41:11 CEST 2011

2011/8/27 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> What are your general feelings about having gcc in /opt/csw/bin
> instead of /opt/csw/gcc4/bin?

I'll take the silence as positive feelings.

I've updated the package in experimental to the Debian style naming
with the version in the suffix, e.g. gcc-4.6.  Alternatives are used
to symlink from /opt/csw/bin/gcc to /opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.6.

The newly built packages have passed the smoke test.  If you wish to
test the packages, here's how:

1. Make sure you're subscribed to the opencsw-future catalog (via
/etc/opt/csw/pkgutil.conf)
2. Run pkgutil with the -t flag to install gcc.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw-future/unstable/

pkgutil -t http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/opencsw/experimental/gcc4 \
-y -i gcc4core

I highly recommend testing them, it's better to catch potential issues
now rather than later.

Maciej