[csw-users] libgnu_dev

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 5 15:58:33 CET 2011

Excerpts from Mark R Bannister's message of Mon Dec 05 09:53:29 -0500 2011:

Hi Mark,

> I thought your package would help Dago, but you don't have any argp
> symbols in libgnu.a, even though you have prototypes for them in
> argp.h.

...snip...

> So it'd be nice to include the functions in the library if you're
> going to put the prototypes in the header file.

This could simply be an artifact of the gnulib dependency system.
It's entirely possible that one of the modules that is compiled in had
a header-only dependency on argp.h and thus the file gets imported.
If nothing required argp.c and it wasn't explicitly imported, a
header-only version could end up in libgnu_dev.

This can be fixed by explicitly requesting that module from gnulib.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton