[csw-users] pkg-get deprecation

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 29 16:40:24 CET 2011

Hi All,

I've just pushed a package to our unstable repository that will
deprecate pkg-get as the package management tool for OpenCSW.  When
this makes its way to the dublin catalog, it will see your systems
pull in CSWpkgutil as a dependency.  pkgutil is the supported package
management tool for OpenCSW catalogs going forward.

We realize that you (and your site) may have work flow built around
pkg-get though, so if you still want to use this tool instead of
converting to pkgutil, you can do:

rm /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get;
 ln -s /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get.deprecated /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get

Without this step, running pkg-get will simply spit out a deprecation
notice and exit 1.  Performing this reinstatement is not something
that we'll support but it should allow you more time to update to
pkgutil.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton