[csw-users] Sendmail - File too large

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 12 15:31:34 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the effort :-) Please note however, that the sendmail update
> was a joint effort some time ago, but unfortunately it never got released:
>  http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2009-October/010012.html
> The Garification was done after the sendmail Owen uses and it would
> be good to keep a close eye on it. But it is really good we are coming along
> with this to get it updated!

Yes, Mike Watters did a lot of work and also Benny I think. I have
touched it as well some time ago and would like to simplify it more in
the direction of the current Postfix package by Sebastian.

I don't like the current Sendmail package that messes with the system
way too much. I would like it to install more passively and the admin
has to run a script manually to get it to replace system binaries
which the current package just does no questions asked. If I remember
correctly it also hangs during first install.

This was the first package I installed from OpenCSW because Sun didn't
compile Sendmail with TLS support. :)

/peter