[csw-users] csw-gv in solaris 10

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:08:16 CET 2011

Hi,

I can use gv fine if I don't have ~/.gv in my home directory.  If I
have .gv which was being used with old version of gv then
/opt/csw/bin/gv fails complaining below,

/opt/csw/bin/gv
gv Error: incompatible resources.
One of the files
    /opt/csw/share/gv/gv_system.ad
    /export/home/user/.gv
belongs to an older version of gv and cannot be used.
Please remove or update the outdated file.
Quite probably your ~/.gv is too old.
Running gv-update-userconfig should help
by removing all incompatible resources.

when I run gv-update-userconfig

/opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig
bash: /opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig: bad interpreter: No such file
or directory

and if I am in csh, then I get,

/opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig
bash: /opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig: bad interpreter: No such file
or directory/opt/csw/bin/gv-update-userconfig: Command not found

cat .gv

GV.scale:               0
GV.scaleBase:           1
GV.fallbackOrientation: Portrait
GV.orientation:         Automatic
GV.fallbackPageMedia:   Letter
GV.pageMedia:           Automatic
GV.swapLandscape:       False
GV.autoResize:          True
GV.antialias:           False
GV.watchFile:           True
GV.ignoreEOF:           True
GV.respectDSC:          True
GV.watchFileFrequency:  500
GV.printCommand:        lpr -P$FDPRINTER

old version of gv is :
 pkginfo -l SMCgv            (/usr/local/bin/gv)
 PKGINST:  SMCgv
 ARCH:  sparc
 VERSION:  3.5.8

pkginfo -l CSWgv
 PKGINST:  CSWgv
 NAME:  gv - X graphic user interface for the Ghostscript interpreter
 CATEGORY:  application
 ARCH:  sparc
VERSION:  3.7.1,REV=2011.01.01

Any help is appreciated.