[csw-users] SunFreeware vs. Blastwave

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 21 06:18:02 CET 2011

Dennis, have a care; what you wrote, is tantamount to slander.
There was no "stealing" involved: nothing that actually *belonged to
you*, was removed.
 "CSW" never "belonged" to you, and thus neither did the signing key
for "CSW packaging".

Speaking of legal issues, how about your breach of agreement to allow
the maintainers interested in solaris 8 work,  to continue using a
subdomain of blastwave: specifically, "csw.opencsw.org", and you would
keep your hands off?

Yet you reneged when you discovered you would not be controlling the
hardware any more.
You then chose to destroy what did not belong to you... you attempted
to wipe our mirror sites.
Which you did, temporarily. Happily, we had backups.
That would be another legal issue you are potentially liable for:
deliberate destruction of data which does not belong to you.

If you had not done those things, then there would never have been an
OpenCSW split.

Now, to readdress the technical question of our actual users:
while the backend scripts may have changed, the basic cryptographic
layers are the same, I believe.
So, gpg support in pkg-get, and pkgutil, functions the same, for both
blastwave catalogs, and opencsw catalogs.