[csw-users] *automated* firefox4 installation wrapper

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Mar 23 17:01:42 CET 2011

FYI, for those people who are looking to use firefox 4 on solaris 10;
I wrote a wrapper to automatically download and integrate the
"contrib" build, with our library packages.
I'm using it right now to post this email; it works quite well :)

The usual "contrib" package, ships with add-on libs; updated versions
of things that are newer than the usual solaris 10 versions of the
libs.

My script does not install those, but makes it use the csw ones instead.

The script is currently living at

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental/phil/firefox4_installer

download it, and then either
   chmod 0755 firefox4_installer
   ./firefox4_installer
or also probably
  ksh ./firefox4_installer
would work too

I tried to make it fairly bulletproof, but lemme know if you have any
suggestions.. or if you just like it. Encouragement is always
appreciated :)