[csw-users] Help building json ruby gem

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 28 21:05:32 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Mohamed Lrhazi's message of Mon Mar 28 15:00:42 -0400 2011:

Hi Mohamed,

> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> sh: make: not found
> ERROR:  Error installing json:
>         ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

This is a path issue, and maybe a bug in the package but I'll need to
look tonight.  Please run the command again with CSWgmake installed
and PATH=/opt/csw/gnu:$PATH.

> I also installed gcc3... not sure if that was the right one to
> install though.

You'll want gcc4.  For now, you'll need to use the cswrbconfig utility
to toggle which compiler is used to build gems as well.  The pending
release will use alternatives instead.

Thanks
-Ben
--