[csw-users] Can't check signature: public key not found

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 2 16:32:27 CET 2011

Excerpts from upen's message of Wed Nov 02 11:29:11 -0400 2011:
> I did /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -i CSWcswpki and installed all NEW 54
> packages. At the end below message appeared. Do I need to worry about
> it? I don't have /etc/opt/csw/csw.conf on my system, so I create it?
>
> pki_auto was not set to 'yes' in /etc/opt/csw/csw.conf
> so the OpenCSW GPG keys are not being automatically managed.
> eg: echo 'pki_auto=yes' >> /etc/opt/csw/csw.conf
>
> If this variable had been set, we would have run:
> /opt/csw/bin/cswpki --import --force
>
> See /opt/csw/bin/cswpki --help for more information on
> handling this manually

I chose to not automatically import the keys by default but leave each
site open to doing this.  We provide the keys and let you import them
(with the given command or manually).  Optionally, if you add that
value to csw.conf, they'll be automatically imported the next time the
package changes.  Some sites are more sensitive to this than others so
I went for 'opt in' instead of 'opt out.'

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton