[csw-users] How to add "opencsw.org" as a package publisher in Package Manager of OpenSolaris 2009.06

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 4 15:52:26 CEST 2011

2011/9/4 Ben Stover <bxstover at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Does opencsw.org offer such automatic software delivery repository for OpenSolaris at all?
> Or is manual installation the only option?

I'm suspecting that the tool you're using expects there to be an IPS
repository, while OpenCSW provides svr4 packages in own repository
format.  It's not possible to install OpenCSW packages using Package
Manager.

In order to install packages from OpenCSW, you need to follow the
instructions from http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/ and issue as root:

pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now

...and then install packages using pkgutil, the command line tool.

Maciej