[csw-users] Most used packages in the stable release

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 20 11:46:50 CEST 2011

Hello OpenCSW users,

You probably noticed that the stable release is ancient and does not
get any new updates.  There has been a lot of talking about hot to
revive the stable release.  We have come up with a rough plan, where
we work on a set of issues in a named release, which eventually gets
promoted to stable.  However, there's the additional issue that we
would like to make sure that the upgrade from the stable release from
2008 to the one from 2011 works well.  With limited resources, we need
to choose what to focus on - which packages should we work on and make
sure that they can be upgraded with success.

To those of the users that use the stable branch - what packages do
you use and care about?  We will use your feedback to plan the testing
of the new stable release.

Maciej