[csw-users] Samba and Windows 7

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Thu Apr 5 07:21:12 CEST 2012

In local.csw.users you write:

>Excerpts from jeff's message of Wed Apr 04 16:23:23 -0400 2012:

>Hi Jeff,

>> I see that a new 3.6.1 version of samba has been added to current.
>> Is there any reason to think that this would solve the problem?  I

>Yes.  You need 3.5 or higher to make win7 play anywhere near
>reasonable with samba.

>I can dig up the details, but basically it's "upgrade or go home."

Ben:

Thanks for the info.  At least I can stop banging my head against the current
immovable wall.  I'll bite that bullet and upgrade now.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040