[csw-users] DBD::Sybase perl module

chirag.parikh at thomsonreuters.com chirag.parikh at thomsonreuters.com
Wed Dec 12 18:51:40 CET 2012

Hi Dago,
I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the location of our Sybase installation (lib location) and still " ldd -r /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so" gives the same errors. I have included below output you requested. Please help me what am I missing or how to fix this. I'm lost at this point.

milkyway> pkginfo -l CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
   PKGINST:  CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
      NAME:  pm_dbd_sybase_freetds - DBD-Sybase: Sybase database driver for the DBI module (Linked against FreeTDS)
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  1.11,REV=2010.11.23
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  http://search.cpan.org/~mewp/DBD-Sybase packaged for CSW by Dagobert Michelsen
    PSTAMP:  dam at current9s-20101123175835
  INSTDATE:  May 31 2012 13:25
   HOTLINE:  http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/
     EMAIL:  dam at opencsw.org
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:       19 installed pathnames
                  10 shared pathnames
                  12 directories
                   1 executables
                 626 blocks used (approx)

pkgchk gives below errors:

milkyway> pkgchk CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
ERROR: /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase-freetds.bs
    pathname does not exist
ERROR: /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase-freetds.so
    pathname does not exist

I do not see those Sybase-freetds.* files, but below are the contents of that directory:

milkyway> pwd
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase

milkyway> ls -l
total 252
-r--r--r-- 1 root bin        0 Nov 23  2010 Sybase-ocs.bs
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin   252928 Nov 23  2010 Sybase-ocs.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other     57 Dec 11 11:33 Sybase.bs -> /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase-ocs.bs
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other     57 Dec 11 11:33 Sybase.so -> /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase-ocs.so
milkyway>

And grep gives below output:

milkyway> grep CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds /var/sadm/install/contents
/opt/csw/lib/perl d none 0755 root bin CSWpmfontafm CSWpm-compress-raw-bzip2 CSWpm-compress-raw-zlib CSWpm-mime-base64 CSWpm-io-compress CSWpm-uri CSWpm-html-tagset CSWpm-html-parser CSWpmhtmltree CSWpmhtmlformat CSWpm-libwww-perl CSWpmiozlib CSWpmtermreadkey CSWpm-module-runtime CSWpm-try-tiny CSWpm-module-implementation CSWpm-params-validate CSWpmclasssingleton CSWpmdatetimelocale CSWpmdatetimetz CSWpmdatetime CSWpm-compress-bzip2 CSWpmclassfactutil CSWpm-dbi CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpmdbdoracle CSWpmdbdmysql CSWpm-dbd-sqlite CSWpmiodigest CSWpmfcgi CSWpmtextformat CSWpmhtmltableextract CSWpmhtml2text CSWpmnetssleay CSWpm-io-tty CSWpm-io-socket-ssl CSWpm-io-string CSWpm-list-moreutils CSWpmtk CSWpm-params-util CSWpmlclemktxtsimple CSWpm-params-check CSWpm-log-message-simple CSWpmtermsize CSWpmtermreadlineg CSWpm-term-ui CSWpmtextwrapper CSWpmtextwikiformat CSWpm-algorithm-diff CSWpmtexticonv CSWpm-locale-gettext CSWpm-text-diff CSWpmxmlnssupp CSWpmxmlparser CSWpmxmlsax CSWpmxmltokeparser CSWpmxmlstream CSWpmxmlsimple CSWpmxmlregexp CSWpmlibxmlperl CSWpmxmllibxml CSWpmmodload CSWpmtextglob CSWpmfiletype CSWpmfiletail CSWpmfilesysdf CSWpmfileremove CSWpmfilenfslock CSWpmfilenext CSWpmfilemmagic CSWpmfilechmod CSWpmfilechdir CSWpmfilecat CSWpm-module-load-conditional CSWpm-ipc-cmd CSWpm-file-fetch CSWperl CSWpmmd5 CSWpmstringapprox CSWpm-digest-sha1 CSWpm-net-ip CSWpmdigesthmac CSWpm-net-dns CSWpmnumberformat CSWpm-yaml CSWpm-dbd-sybase-ocs
/opt/csw/lib/perl/5.10.1 d none 0755 root bin CSWpmfontafm CSWpm-compress-raw-bzip2 CSWpm-compress-raw-zlib CSWpm-mime-base64 CSWpm-io-compress CSWpm-uri CSWpm-html-tagset CSWpm-html-parser CSWpmhtmltree CSWpmhtmlformat CSWpm-libwww-perl CSWpmiozlib CSWpmtermreadkey CSWpm-try-tiny CSWpm-module-implementation CSWpmdatetimelocale CSWpmdatetimetz CSWpm-compress-bzip2 CSWpm-dbi CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpmdbdoracle CSWpmdbdmysql CSWpm-dbd-sqlite CSWpmiodigest CSWpmfcgi CSWpmhtmltableextract CSWpmnetssleay CSWpm-io-tty CSWpm-io-socket-ssl CSWpm-io-string CSWpm-list-moreutils CSWpmtk CSWpm-params-util CSWpmlclemktxtsimple CSWpm-params-check CSWpm-log-message-simple CSWpmtermsize CSWpmtermreadlineg CSWpm-term-ui CSWpmtextwikiformat CSWpm-algorithm-diff CSWpmtexticonv CSWpm-locale-gettext CSWpm-text-diff CSWpmxmlnssupp CSWpmxmlparser CSWpmxmllibxml CSWpmmodload CSWpmtextglob CSWpmfiletail CSWpmfilesysdf CSWpmfilechmod CSWpm-module-load-conditional CSWpm-ipc-cmd CSWpm-file-fetch CSWperl CSWpmstringapprox CSWpm-digest-sha1 CSWpm-net-ip CSWpmdigesthmac CSWpm-net-dns CSWpmnumberformat CSWpm-yaml
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl d none 0755 root bin CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpmxmlnssupp CSWpmfilemmagic CSWperl CSWpm-dbd-sybase-ocs
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/DBD d none 0755 root bin CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/DBD/Sybase.pm f none 0444 root bin 75443 5553 1289051389 CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/DBD/dbd-sybase.pod f none 0444 root bin 23060 52122 1049154911 CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto d none 0755 root bin CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpmxmlnssupp CSWpmfilemmagic CSWpm-dbd-sybase-ocs
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD d none 0755 root bin CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpm-dbd-sybase-ocs
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase d none 0755 root bin CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpm-dbd-sybase-ocs
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase-freetds.bs f none 0444 root bin 0 0 1290531504 CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase-freetds.so f none 0555 root bin 145320 29228 1290531504 CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/share/alternatives d none 0755 root bin CSWcswutils CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpm-dbd-sybase-ocs
/opt/csw/share/alternatives/pm_dbd_sybase_freetds f cswalternatives 0644 root bin 242 22160 1290531512 CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/share/checkpkg d none 0755 root bin CSWvimrt CSWbdb48 CSWpmhtmlformat CSWpmdatetimetz CSWpmdatetime CSWpmclassfactutil CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpmdbdoracle CSWpmdigestsha CSWpmlclemktxtsimple CSWpmtermsize CSWpmtexticonv CSWpmmodload CSWpmfilechmod CSWpmdigesthmac
/opt/csw/share/checkpkg/overrides d none 0755 root bin CSWvimrt CSWbdb48 CSWpmhtmlformat CSWpmdatetimetz CSWpmdatetime CSWpmclassfactutil CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpmdbdoracle CSWpmdigestsha CSWpmlclemktxtsimple CSWpmtermsize CSWpmtexticonv CSWpmmodload CSWpmfilechmod CSWpmdigesthmac
/opt/csw/share/doc/pm_dbd_sybase_freetds d none 0755 root bin CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/share/doc/pm_dbd_sybase_freetds/license f none 0644 root bin 191 15906 1290531511 CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
/opt/csw/share/man/man3 d none 0755 root bin CSWpmfontafm CSWpm-uri CSWpm-html-tagset CSWpm-html-parser CSWpmhtmltree CSWpmhtmlformat CSWpm-libwww-perl CSWperldoc CSWpmtermreadkey CSWpm-module-runtime CSWpm-try-tiny CSWpm-module-implementation CSWpm-params-validate CSWpmclasssingleton CSWpmdatetimelocale CSWpmdatetimetz CSWpmdatetime CSWpm-compress-bzip2 CSWpmclassfactutil CSWpm-dbi CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds CSWpmdbdoracle CSWpmdbdmysql CSWpm-dbd-sqlite CSWpmiodigest CSWpmfcgi CSWpmtextformat CSWpmhtmltableextract CSWpmhtml2text CSWpmnetssleay CSWpm-io-tty CSWpm-io-socket-ssl CSWpm-io-string CSWpm-list-moreutils CSWpmtk CSWpmlclemktxtlex CSWpm-params-util CSWpmtermsize CSWpmtermreadlineg CSWpmtextwrapper CSWpmtextwikiformat CSWpm-algorithm-diff CSWpmtexticonv CSWpm-locale-gettext CSWpm-text-diff CSWpmxmlnssupp CSWpmxmlparser CSWpmxmlsax CSWpmxmltokeparser CSWpmxmlstream CSWpmxmlsimple CSWpmxmlregexp CSWpmlibxmlperl CSWlibxml2-dev CSWpmxmllibxml CSWpmtextglob CSWpmnbrcompare CSWpmfiletype CSWpmfiletail CSWpmfilesysdf CSWpmfileremove CSWpmfilenfslock CSWpmfilenext CSWpmfilemmagic CSWpmfilefindrule CSWpmfilechmod CSWpmfilechdir CSWpmfilecat CSWpmmd5 CSWpmstringapprox CSWpm-digest-sha1 CSWpm-net-ip CSWpmdigesthmac CSWpm-net-dns CSWpmnumberformat CSWpm-yaml
/opt/csw/share/man/man3/DBD::Sybase.3 f none 0444 root bin 74333 47533 1290531466 CSWpm-dbd-sybase-freetds
milkyway>