[csw-users] "old" packages not in latest catalog

Wyche, George PW George.Wyche at pw.utc.com
Mon Dec 31 23:32:44 CET 2012

I don't know the best way to handle the absence of required libraries that were in old catalogs, but now missing.

---- motivation:

We have a program on a solaris8 sparc workstation that is supported by gcc4gfortranrt of 2009 from openCSW and all is fine.

I know for a fact that an older solaris10 sparc got /opt/csw/gcc4/lib/libgfortran.so.3 from CSWgcc4gfortranrt and the program is running great.

I am happy to say we finally got Solaris10u10 freshly installed on a sparc (though not internet connected). I managed to create a directory for sparc/5.10/ with loads of *pkg.gz and the catalog and descriptions. I configured pkgutil to access that directory "top" and installed many packages. I have a genuine, self made package for the above desired program, but it won't start because there is no libgfortran.so.*. Alas, there is no CSWgcc4gfortranrt in the catalog.

So what is the best thing for me to do? That old package CSWgcc4gfortranrt is sitting right here, but it is not in the catalog. Many temptations are here, but I am sure that I should know more before taking any further steps.