[csw-users] MySQL 5.5 available for testing

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 15 22:02:49 CET 2012

Hello OpenCSW users,

I've built a set of MySQL 5.5 packages and placed them in the
experimental catalog. The package cannot coexist with the current
MySQL 5.0 package, it's either-or. I've smoke-tested it: it installs,
initializes the database and starts up successfully. You can install
it with pkgutil:

pkgutil -t http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#mysql-5.5 \
-y -i mysql5

MySQL 5.5 will most likely not be included in the dublin release, so
if you are getting packages from testing/current/dublin, you won't get
5.5 for some time. If you're running the unstable release, you should
get it after we release dublin and start pushing new versions of
packages to unstable. Until then, please fetch the package from the
experimental catalog.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Maciej