[csw-users] problems with updated apache2 + php5

Joseph Kwan Joseph.H.Kwan at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 29 00:20:58 CET 2012

  I updated my packages today, primarily to get the php5 update
to address vulnerabilities (glad to see the newer version).
But when I try to start apache2, I now get the error (svc log file):

[Tue Feb 28 14:48:17 2012] [crit] Apache is running a threaded MPM, but
your PHP Module is not compiled to be threadsafe.  You need to recompile
PHP.
Pre-configuration failed
[ Feb 28 14:48:17 Method "start" exited with status 1 ]

and apache won't start.

Is anyone running apache2 with the updated php5?  (the previous version
worked
fine).  Other ideas?

Joe