[csw-users] pkgutil says "Catalog is not signed" when using GPG

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 7 17:18:29 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Dmitri Shubin <sbn at tbricks.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I enabled GPG verification in pkgutil as described here
>> http://www.opencsw.org/manual/for-administrators/getting-started.html and
>> when trying to update catalog got the following:
>>
>> # /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -U
>> => Fetching new catalog and descriptions
>> (http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/unstable/sparc/5.10) if available ...
>> Catalog
>> /var/opt/csw/pkgutil/catalog.mirror.opencsw.org_opencsw_unstable_sparc_5.10
>> is not signed! Check your mirror settings or disable use_gpg in
>> pkgutil.conf.
>
> The unstable catalog is not signed.

I just realized my answer was not very helpful. :)

What I meant is that I confirmed that the catalog is indeed not signed
so from a technical point of view it's expected for pkgutil to say
that and abort. However, others are already working on restoring the
signing of the unstable catalog for you so you should soon be good to
go again.

/peter