[csw-users] pkgutil says "Catalog is not signed" when using GPG

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 7 17:28:07 CEST 2012

2012/6/7 Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>
> > The unstable catalog is not signed.
>
> I just realized my answer was not very helpful. :)
>
> What I meant is that I confirmed that the catalog is indeed not signed
> so from a technical point of view it's expected for pkgutil to say
> that and abort. However, others are already working on restoring the
> signing of the unstable catalog for you so you should soon be good to
> go again.

Yes, I restored the daemon and initiated catalog generation, it should
be ready in 30 minutes.

The problem was human error: when I thought I was restoring the
passphrase on an existing daemon, I was actually starting a new one.
We ended up with two signing daemons running at the same time. I'm not
sure what was the exact interplay between them, but apparently it led
to unsigned catalogs.

Maciej