[csw-users] OpenCSW contact maintainer

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 15 22:11:23 CEST 2012

Hi Roberto,

(cc'ing users@)

Am 15.06.2012 um 09:24 schrieb Gallego Miguez, Roberto:
> De: Dagobert Michelsen [mailto:dam at opencsw.org]
>> Am 14.06.2012 um 19:21 schrieb rgallegom at mundo-r.net:
>>> Today I try to install CSWtmux package on a Solaris 9 but tmux don\'t
>>> start, simply return the bash command line without any message. The
>>> truss output says:
>>
>> I had problems with tmux on older releases before. Are you on sparc or
>> i386?
>> Which update release? (See /etc/release and uname -a)
>
> 	The host is Solaris 9 update 8 SPARC. You can see below the
> uname -a output and the contents of /etc/release
>
> ce at cor0001s174 [~]$ uname -a
> SunOS cor0001s174 5.9 Generic_122300-56 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000
> ce at cor0001s174 [~]$ cat /etc/release
>                        Solaris 9 9/05 s9s_u8wos_05 SPARC
>           Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
>                        Use is subject to license terms.
>                            Assembled 04 August 2005
>
> Thanks for your support,

This is really strange, I tried both 1.5 and 1.6 under Solaris 9 and both
terminate immediately. If I take the binary compiled on Solaris 9 to a Solaris 10
box it works just right. Most certainly this is not a compilation problem but
something on the code regarding portability on Solaris 9 which needs to be debugged.

It may also be connected to this bug I also haven't found yet:
  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4694

Unfortunately I don't have time to investigate this myself at the moment.
Please talk to upstream at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/tmux/
I'll happily accept a patch to respin the package.