[csw-users] my.cnf for CSWmysql5

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed May 16 10:09:02 CEST 2012

2012/5/15 Sonnenberg, Markus <lassmichinruhe at rz-amper.de>

> i've just installed CSWmysl5 5.0.96,REV=2012.03.24 on solaris 10/sparc and
> i'm wondering about the missing my.cnf file. i don't even have the
> directory /opt/csw/mysql5.

Yes, MySQL has been moved to /opt/csw, /etc/opt/csw and /var/opt/csw like
the rest of OpenCSW packages.

on a different machine running version 5.0.87 i have everything in the
> usual place. i could copy the my.cnf file from that machine and adapt it to
> the new machine. so my first question would be: what's the base directory
> for version 5.0.96?

The base directory, as in BASEDIR, is /opt/csw. This information is not
helpful, but I wanted to make sure that your direct question is answered.

For the more helpful ideas:
- looking at the startup script in /etc/opt/csw/init.d/cswmysql5
- looking into the main directories: /opt/csw, /var/opt/csw/mysql5,
/etc/opt/csw/mysql5