[csw-users] pending changes to CSWexim

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed May 30 02:43:31 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I'd like to make some changes to the CSWexim package so that it no
longer mucks around with symlinks for /usr/lib/sendmail, mailq, etc.
Among other benefits, the package will become jumpstart friendly.

To do this I'll depend on sendmail-client so that mail injected via
/usr/lib/sendmail will be pumped over smtp to localhost:25 for
handling by exim.

My question to you is: Will this cause your site heartburn in any way?

The one hiccup I can see is that it would make any non-smtp acl
ineffective unless the caller used the exim binary directly.  I don't
think this is a huge issue though and it could be handled with acl
modifications to separate localhost:25 mail from *:25 mail.  Are there
other things this would break for you?

Thanks
-Ben
--