[csw-users] Perl 5.10.1 zlib error

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu May 31 19:27:34 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:09 PM,  <chirag.parikh at thomsonreuters.com> wrote:
> Thanks Peter. I found the problem. It is indeed the mixed env. of modules. As indicated by the error, it was looking for in site_perl/auto, where CSW packages are in csw/auto. I have moved/renamed site_perl directory and everything works. But what this means that it's missing all my modules that I had in site_perl originally. Now I want to install those corresponding modules via CSW packages so that its using one standard and not mixed as earlier. What I need to know is how to obtain list of all available modules from which I can pick the ones needed and install them. Would below work to obtain list?
>
> pkgutil -a |grep pm_

I would not manually manipulate the perl paths, please do not do this.
What do you think will happen when you install the packages you're now
"missing" because you moved them? The package system will say they are
already there and they are, you just messed with the actual files.
Trust the package system and you will be happier.

We have changed the Perl paths so they will work better (priority
wise). Just upgrade and you will get matching main Perl och modules in
the correct paths.

My guess is you had 5.8.8 Perl and modules and now you have 5.10.1
Perl but still 5.8.8 modules. If you post the output of "pkgutil -Uc
CSWperl pm_" we can see what your situation looks like.

/peter