[csw-users] Perl 5.10.1 zlib error

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu May 31 21:01:46 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM,  <chirag.parikh at thomsonreuters.com> wrote:
> I'm getting below for "pkgutil -F Zlib.so". BTW, other than renaming site_perl directory and then installing needed modules via pkgutil, no other file ops have been performed so far.
>
>> pkgutil -F Zlib.so
> /opt/csw/lib/perl/5.10.1/auto/Compress/Raw/Zlib/Zlib.so CSWperl
> /opt/csw/lib/perl/csw/auto/Compress/Raw/Zlib/Zlib.so    CSWpm-compress-raw-zlib

Ok, so the files in site_perl are orphaned then. Something broke
previously, you may be alright by renaming site_perl as you've done
but there's no telling if there's other damage as well.

A safer way is to remove all CSW packages, delete /opt/csw and
reinstall the packages but you may not want to go through that much
trouble. :)

/peter