[csw-users] libc.so.1 SUNW_1.22.2

Wyche, George PW George.Wyche at pw.utc.com
Wed Nov 28 17:59:36 CET 2012

Which version(s) of OS10 are we supporting?

I tried (after many weeks) to run my openCSW samba under OS5.10. Failed. Then I read the email here on the list and was heartened to see I was not alone.

Tuesday I loaded up 118 new gz files from the "kiel" release that differed from my last "unstable" downloading last summer that I knew I would eventually be needing.

"pkgutil --install samba" went happily. But the samba log file now says libc.so.1 SUNW_1.22.2 not found. (Before it was 1.22.7 not found.)

Somehow I got the impression that the samba repair was going to accommodate (all versions of) Solaris10. It hasn't been stated (has it?) which version of Solaris 10 is the minimum version. My guess is it must be the version only available by DVD.

Can I instead use some Solaris8/9 versions and depend on binary upward compatibility?