[csw-users] Mozilla SpiderMonkey JavaScript interpreter binary missing

Lenny Miceli miceli at buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 25 16:46:15 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone,

Since we can't use Node.js since we're running Solaris sparc our
developers are going to try to use Mozilla's SpiderMonkey.

So I installed libjs1_7_0 from the current repository and it only seems
to include the library per:

 > pkgutil -L libjs1_7_0
/opt/csw/lib/libjs.so.1.7.0
/opt/csw/share/doc/libjs1_7_0
/opt/csw/share/doc/libjs1_7_0/license

The OpenCSW description says "The Mozilla SpiderMonkey JavaScript
interpreter and library, libjs.so.1.7.0" so we also would assume that
the "js" binary would be included.  Does anyone know why the binary is
not included?  I do understand that the web page only reflects the x86
unstable branch of packages but I would assume the binary would be
included for sparc and in the current repository.

BTW, the js binary is mentioned in the Makefile at:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/spidermonkey/branches/js-1.7/Makefile

Thanks for any light someone can shed on this,
   Lenny